Friday, January 24, 2014

Izzy's Wedding Quilt - Ready for Quilting

I've finished the top for Izzy's Double Wedding Ring quilt. 
69 1/2  x  84 3/4
For my granddaughter, Isabelle (aka Izzy or Belle)

 Last year when her paternal grandmother died my granddaughter told me I would live at least until her wedding. She's 9 so I hope she doesn't get married until she's 30 or so but that's out of my control.  I did decide then and there that  I would make a quilt for her wedding now while I'm healthy and have the means to buy fabric. And if I'm not physically in attendance at her wedding I will be there in the spirit of a quilt for her special day. 

I'm going to try my hand at hand quilting on her quilt since there is no hurry to get it completed. 

Now I'm heading over to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for a Whoop, Whoop! 

6 comments:

Shauna said...

beautiful quilt and beautiful idea. I'm sure she will treasure the quilt!!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a great quilt, and wonderful story. I hope my pickle dish turns out half as wonderful as this! I plan to start a whole cloth in year or two to hand down to my only granddaughter.

Unknown said...

This looks fantastic! I'm so impressed with the patience I'm sure it took you to get every little piece right! The background fabric is perfect.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So gorgeous! I love the vibrant colors.

audrey said...

Good for you! It's a wonderful quilt top!