Saturday, February 25, 2023

It's A Finish and I'm Tickled Pink!

Pink and Gray HSTs Comfort Quilt
56 x 72

It's a finish!





I quilted it on my DSM with horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines about 1/4 inch both sides of the seams.  I'm not good at stitching in the ditch or I would have done that instead of stitching on both sides of the seams. 

The binding is the same pink and black fabric as the backing. 

And this is the back.

And now it is ready to comfort someone. 

And sew on...




 

8 comments:

Nann said...

I like the orientation with the grays going up. (Of course the recipient may turn it the other direction.). I’ve used hanging diamonds with triangle blocks to good effect.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love quilts with all of the triangles marching in the same direction. Pretty colors too.

grammajudyb said...

Wow! This is quilt with punch! I like the placement of 4 matching HST in a block! Nice!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a fun finish! I like the way you quilted it. My experience with stitch in the ditch is that stitching alongside the seams is much easier!

Linda said...

I love this quilt, so pretty and the grey is a great foil for the pinks. This will certainly comfort its recipient.

Linda Swanekamp said...

A lovely, calm quilt with a taste of spunk. Congratulations on its finish.

Susie H said...

Bravo! What a beautiful finish. It surely will comfort someone down the road.

Kat said...

I love all your quilts! I am working on a pink and gray 16-patch right now!