Saturday, February 11, 2023

Two Unusual Blocks

Overlapped Nine Patch
7.5 inch blocks
Instructions may be found at Klein Meisje Quilts


Dalarna 
6 inch blocks

A quilt called Dalarna can be found in an issue of Quiltmania (Issue 68, 2008, #4) and was made by Mariet Soethout-Mous.  Her quilt was inspired by a child's quilt found in Asa Wettre's book Old Swedish Quilts. Now I've been inspired by Mariet's Dalarna to make my own version of an Old Swedish Quilt. 


Due to circumstances beyond my control not much sewing went on this week. Hopefully next week maybe things will be back to normal and if not I guess I'll go with the flow.

And sew on...



 

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

very pink - just right for valentines day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those are very interesting blocks, Cathy. Have fun with the rest of your PINK scraps!

Mari said...

Those are unusual blocks, but they will look really interesting together. Love the pinks!

Linda said...

Most unusual blocks, never seen these before!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The overlapped nine patch is new to me. Thanks for introducing me to it. My mind is racing with ideas. Love how vibrant and uplifting your pinks are.

Hens and Chicks said...

Both of these are very pretty but the overlapped 9 patch really calls to me. Thanks for sharing!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are both great blocks, and pretty in pink! Every time I see the overlapped 9 patch blocks, I have to click on the link to remember how they're made. Thanks for sharing it!

Linda Swanekamp said...

As usual, you inspire and expand the quilting universe. Good blocks.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Dalarna is indeed interesting! I may need to make a block or two of those for my future sampler quilt!

Ivani said...

Unusual blocks also made beautiful quilts. Your pink blocks look great!

Mystic Quilter said...

Such different blocks here Cathy, beautiful pinks.

Nann said...

Oh! The overlapped nine-patch was a vintage pattern in Am P&Q years ago. I tore it out and it comes to the surface every so often. Maybe I need to try it! Glad you're continuing with the Dalarna block.