Friday, February 17, 2023

Happy Hearts

It's a finish!

Happy Hearts
(8 inch Happy Blocks with 4 inch heart fabric centers)
56 x 72

I finished the top last January and now it has finally made it to the top of the quilting pile and is finished. It is finished because the theme this month in my sewing room has been Hearts and Flowers as well as the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color pink.  I've been trying to move forward as many UFOs as I can that fit those themes. 

I quilted it on my DSM with horizontal and vertical lines. 

A lot of these blocks were from a long long long ago swapping group as I previously posted:

"Another group kind of did a Happy Block round robin. We were in groups of 4 to 6 people. We would send six 4.5 inch centers of our choice to each member in our group. In return we would receive 4.5 inch centers from each member. So, we could keep one of the six centers from each member but then we were to add 2.5 inch frames to the rest of the blocks and send them back to original senders. Half of the blocks in this quilt were from that type of swap. Some of these blocks and other incomplete "sets" have been in my Happy Place for too long..."

Back in those days when I had very little fabric I could buy a few pieces of fabric to frame the squares I received in the swaps and then it was always fun to receive packages in the mail of my centers returned and framed with a variety of different fabrics. 

The pieced back.

I think it will make a nice comfort quilt. 
Hearts and love and all that sweet stuff isn't just for Valentine's Day. 

And sew on...





13 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Very happy, fun quilt that will surely make a great comfort quilt.

Juliana said...

What a pretty quilt--so cheerful and full of thoughts of love. It will be a great comfort quilt. And the back is as pretty as the front!

Snowcatcher said...

I really like this pattern, and the story makes it even more beautiful. This will be a wonderful comfort quilt!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Wonderful - I love pink. And yes, love is for ALL the time. Are you seeing any extra space with all these finishes?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those of us who love pink, love it year round. Beautiful quilt. The backing is so pretty too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its beautiful!!! and all the love... sigh - love the love in it!

Nann said...

What an interesting concept for a swap. Yes, some of us have to think way back to the time we didn't have much of a stash. I recall the delight with which I traded 5" squares, and a specific project I made in order to *use them up* -- Hah! Your pink assortment is charming and the back is terrific.

Kat said...

This quilt just exudes happiness and love. It sounds like a fun idea for a swap. The heart fabric on the back just says “Hugs”. It will be loved by the recipient.

Jenny said...

So pretty and so very pink, I love it!

Kathleen said...

I think I am going to get rid of all my fabric except pink and red and just sew pink and red for the rest of my life !!! lol, probably not, but a fun thought !

Linda said...

A very pretty quilt. How lovely to use those old swaps to make it. And the backing is brilliant. A real comfort quilt for any age group.

gayle said...

Now THERE's a hug painted in fabric! Beautiful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on a very PINK quilt finish, Cathy!! Quite timely of you.