Saturday, November 12, 2022

Vintage Inspired

Most of this year I've been working on Four Patches (4P) of Quarter Square Triangles (QSTs) as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project. The blocks will alternate with some old 4P blocks left over from some other quilt.  I was inspired by the vintage quilt in the photo above. 

I have now finished the last 19 QST 4P blocks and have now reached my goal of 65 blocks. 

So now I have another complete block set that will go into the Some Assembly Required (SAR) box to be assembled at a later date. I need to get some of my backlog of tops quilted and finished before I assemble any more tops.   

And sew on...

Now I can check another RSC project off the list! This one does not need to continue into 2023! 

 

 

14 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

lova all you blocks you make but adore the simplicity of these two! four patches are some of my favorites!

grammajudyb said...

Interesting vintage quilt. Are you thinking of doing a HST border too! I'm interested to see this one done. I'll keep checking in in the new year.

Linda said...

Great blocks. A good idea for an RSC project. Your More Assembly Required box must be overflowing!

Cathy said...

That looks like a fun and simple way to eat up some scraps!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

What a great old vintage quilt! Your scrappy hourglass blocks are a great modern take on it.

gayle said...

Can't wait to see your next some-assembly-required top - you've got some beauties tucked away in there!

Jenny said...

Havent you done well. Although I'm wondering just how long you will be able to leave these blocks in the "some assembly required" box. I'm sure you will be itching to get on with it.

Deb A said...

I like your inspiration quilt. It is going to be fun to see how your blocks all go together.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great blocks. They will make an inspiring quilt for sure.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love that old vintage quilt - and how you used it for inspiration!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on filling the block requirements for that sweet vintage inspired quilt, Cathy! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out and what block set will replace it during next year's Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Cindy said...

Love where you are going with this!!!! Love the vintage quilt! Can't wait to see yours all together!

Susie H said...

Beautiful quilt in its simplicity. Vintage quilts are great inspiration!

Vivian said...

Great inspiration quilt! I love it --- a "SAR" box sounds so much better than WIPS, LOL!! Do you think you will hand quilt or machine quilt this one when the time comes and how do you decide that? Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing this one when it's finished!