Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Playing With Legos

Last month when I finally cleared out my 1.5 inch width scrap bin I cut a bunch of Lego pieces (1.5 x 2.5). I keep the pieces in an old check register box and when the box gets full I make a block or two. Well, the box was overflowing so I made 5 blocks. 

I'm building my Lego blocks Lynn's (Klein Meisje Quilts) way. They are 13 inches finished. 

I'm thinking I want 30 blocks. That will make a nice throw or twin sized quilt 65 x 78. 

The blocks are a catalog of fabrics that have passed through here so full of memories and...

...make a fun I Spy game too. 

I now have 10 blocks. I'm 1/3 of the way home. 

And sew on...

 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

What a wonderful memory quilt you are assembling with the Legos..nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a fun block, and I appreciate the link to Lynn's construction method, too. I've definitely got plenty of 1.5 inch strips that could turn into Lego blocks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE this - having made my eleven Lego/Dumpster Diving quilts with multiple length bits, I'm seriously tempted to make No. 12 using Lynn's method. Thanks for sharing the link!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, so scrappily wonderful! Thanks for the link, I marked it and will check out my 1 1/2" bin.

Linda said...

Great block and use of scraps.

MissPat said...

Luckily, I don't regularly cut 1.5" strips, so I won't be falling down this rabbit hole. But I might consider using 2.5" strips which seem to be multiplying on their own.
Pat

Sandy Panagos said...

What a GREAT way to use up smaller scraps! Yes, the memories when you're working through a project like that are so fun.

Cathy said...

I had to laugh when I read Pat’s comment because those were my exact thoughts! So many rabbit holes, so little time!!

Cindy said...

Don't you just love how little snippets of loved fabrics can bring back memories?

Nann said...

I always look closely at these super-scrappy blocks to see if any of the fabrics were formerly in my stash. (Of course they might have come from someone else.) And I saw a couple!

Lynn Dykstra said...

Love it!
These become very personal quilts, memories attached to each scrap.