Thursday, January 23, 2020

Finished!


 It's a finish!
70 x 78

I made this one to use a lot of red, white and blue strings.
 The magazine instructions called for 5 inch finished HSTs but I made mine 4 inch finished so I could use scraps from the 4.5 inch scrap bin.   
 I used paper as the foundation for the eight inch string blocks. 
 The quilting doesn't really show up well but I quilted it on the diagonal with squiggles and loops. 

The backing and binding was yardage from a friend. 

And now it is ready for donation. 

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

VERY nice indeed -- I have a RWB (more or less) cut out to sew oversize HSTs. But the 70s quilt project has taken me a bit off course so the patriotic one will have to wait a bit.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Interesting string quilt! You get so much done, don't know how you do it!

Pamela Arbour said...

That turned out great. It even looks good with the snowy background!

Linda said...

Another finish! Well done. Looks good set against the snow.

QuiltGranma said...

What a fun looking quilt! Great finish for the month too.