Tuesday, January 15, 2019

It's a Finish!


Autumn Orphan Blocks
40 x 60

It's a finish!

It's ready for giving or gifting. 


 I dug into the orphanage and found several blocks that had an autumn color scheme.  Looks like I did that way back in February 2018.   I'm pretty sure some of the blocks were long ago winnings from the Sunshine Online Quilt Guild Block Lotto.  This will probably also be donated to one of the causes supported by the Sunshine Guild - Wrap-A-Smile or Quilts Beyond Borders. 

I have made a lot of quilts in autumn color schemes and I usually end up quilting them on my sewing machine with some free motion leaves.  I still need practice but I'm getting a LITTLE better at it. 

The batting was pieced.  The binding is scrappy and made from pieced leftover binding I had in autumn colors. 

for 

On to the next...

6 comments:

Julierose said...

WOW Cathy--ANother finish--{now, you're makin' us all look like slow-pokes there, girl lol]. This is such a nice quilt--I love the scrappy sampler type of quilt--your colors are lovely -- nice work Hugs, Julierose

Louise said...

Great use of lotto blocks! I like the smaller ones centered at top and bottom. They make a nice frame with the larger chunks of the sashing fabric. I'm keeping a file of ways to make lottos play nice together :)

---"Love" said...

You put all those blocks together very nicely, into a lovely quilt! ---"Love"

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think your leaves look great -- mine are not nearly that even or smooth.

Crystal_235 said...

Your orphan blocks go together so nice!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Orphan blocks are a great way to get things made. You are so productive - thanks for linking up at FAL, congrats!