Saturday, July 14, 2018

Red 2.5 Inch Scraps

 This month's Rainbow Scrap Challenge color is red so this week I dug into the 2.5 inch red scraps to make  four 10 inch Crazy Lady of the Lake blocks.  After making these for a couple of years I'm getting close to enough blocks for a large quilt. 

I've also been making eight inch Depression Blocks and those Sprouts for a couple of years. Not sure if I'm close to enough blocks for big quilts now or not.  Maybe I have enough sprouts since I'm not sure how I'm going to use them!   And that little strip at the bottom? I've been sewing all the little 2.5 inch scrap ends less than a 2 inch square into strips. Not sure how I'm going to use those either but I will. 


15 comments:

Laura said...

I especially like the Depression blocks, but it will be fun to see all of the blocks come together in various quilt designs!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I really like the Crazy Lady blocks with the yellow or purple accents! Fun!

Linda said...

Lovely blocks. I love how you methodically work your way through your scraps - this week it's the 2.5" strips turn.

Julierose said...

Love those Crazy Lady blocks--you are so organized and creative...hugs, Julierose

diane said...

I like all your blocks shown here and you are so creatively organized. The sprouts have caught my eye to remember. So many ideas. I have to start using my time more wisely with my piecing. Always enjoy your posts.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Yummy blocks! I love them all ;)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I think I have to add depression blocks to my make list. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

Deb A said...

Love the depression blocks... and that little strip could be a cute coloring crayon =)

Janie said...

Lots of different blocks use HST's!
Nice work going on here, I'm hoping some of your organizing abilities will
rub off on me.

gayle said...

I am so crazy about those crazy ladies!

Ann said...

Yummy, yummy reds! I like the ways your using them.

Pamela Arbour said...

Lots of luscious reds!!!

Angie said...

This month's Crazy Ladies look amazing! I can't wait to see the entire wild and crazy quilt when you put it together!

Kathy S. said...

Love the Crazy Lady of the Lake - and the name of the quilt. Fabulous fabrics and scraps as always! Your blog posts never disappoint my love of fabric combinations.

grammajudyb said...

I've been keeping an eye on your sprouts blocks. I'll be interested to see how they go in a quilt! You are a prolific scrap user!