This week I dug into my red 1.5 inch scraps. In case you don't know...I sort a lot of my scraps by size. All colors go into the various "size" bins and I sort through there for the color I need. I do not precut fabric to fill those bins but it seems they are always more than half full. They kind of remind me of those doll baby bottles that you tip up to feed the doll and the "milk" disappears and then when you turn it right side up the bottle is magically full again.
Anyway...back to the red 1.5 inch scraps...I made three strawberries. I just googled "strawberry quilt block" saw a picture of one, committed it to memory and went and made three blocks. I have an old UFO - Tea Towel Challenge- kind of fruit themed - that I've decided to take apart and start over. I think I work better if I have all the quilt parts assembled before I attempt to make a quilt top. More on that later after all the parts are assembled.
Speaking of assembly...I've been making little three inch rail fence blocks for a couple of years from my 1.5 inch scraps. Maybe it's time to count and decide what to do with them. There's so many options. And the block on the left - a 21 patch - kind of a Chinese Coin variation block that measures 6 x 14 - I should probably count those too and decide what to do with them. I've been calling the block "Whatchamacallit".