Almost exactly a year ago today I worked on the sashing of Grandma's Apron Strings. I found that all the pieces of chicken scratch sashing I made were a little short. Darn! Thank goodness at that time I had only stitched 17 of 84 sashing pieces and had decided to see how they looked. And in that post last year I mentioned that I felt a little discouraged and said it might be awhile before you saw this quilt again.
Well, time has passed and I've ripped out those short pieces and given them a little fix plus I've made a lot more chicken scratch pieces that are the right length.
And I thought I would do another trial run to see how the sashings looks this time. And I feel encouraged and excited again about this quilt. You can't even tell the sashing pieces that were fixed from the newer ones that are the right length. And it looks kind of like the vision I had in my head all this time of Grandma's Apron Strings.
And so I'll keep going.
And when I see the Japanese Beetles in my roses and feel my skin crawl and a feel a little discouraged and depressed...
...I see a Monarch Butterfly on my Tithonia and it keeps me going and makes my day!
Maybe next year at this time Grandma's Apron Strings will be finished!
Time will tell...