Friday, February 16, 2024

Table Scraps In The Crow's Nest

Table Scraps In The Crow's Nest
It's a top!
40.5 x 54

I made four Crow's Nest blocks last year with some small scrap chunks of food fabrics and then set them aside when hubby got sick. This month I have been trying to reduce some of the piles that have accumulated --- the result of moving my sewing machine upstairs to the dining room table while hubby recuperates.  Since the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month is red and I had red scraps out I found a few red tone on tone (TOT) pieces to use to finish enough blocks for a child's donation quilt. 



The blocks finish at 13.5 inches. 

I think I may have enough bits of the bits of food fabrics left to make a few potholders - maybe scrappy 16 patches?

And sew on...



****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Feb. 15 - For the first time this year I was so busy doing this that and the other thing that I didn't take time to stop and smell the roses or celebrate anything.  I suppose I did celebrate that I reduced a pile of stuff and turned it into a top. 

 

10 comments:

Nann said...

Oh, I know too well how those assorted piles accumulate! Your blocks are a great way to unify a *bunch* of diverse prints. How *produce*-tive. (I'll quit before I try to pun again.)

Linda said...

Food, glorious food and colour, glorious colour! What a delightful, cheerful top you put together. Yes, clearing piles of blocks is definitely worth celebrating.

Chantal said...

(Lol, Nann, you crack me up.) Cathy, this is a very delicious quilt. (I'm hungry now!) The TOT run is perfect. Great job! Using up a pile of blocks is worth celebrating, I'd say. ;^)

Jenny said...

Yes indeed, you can celebrate anything, and moving a project along is certainly worth celebrating!

Sherri said...

I am absolutely amazed at your ability to get so much done despite the circumstances you are dealing with!!!!! I wish I knew your method of pulling, cutting, kitting and sewing to accomplish so much. Also, how do you keep up with everything in the different stages? You could write a book... I too have winter sowing done in my garden. Couldn't believe it today, I have lots of germination!! First time I have ever tried it and it won't be the last.
Thanks for the inspiration.....

Astrid said...

Another great flimsy! Love all those yummy fabrics. Reduced pile of stuff turned into a top is absolutely worth celebrating! Happy sewing weekend! Meteo predicts showers, which means no venture out (except grocery shopping) for me.

Ann said...

Another cheery quilt top that will soon be ready gift. You are the best and fastest quilter I know.

Anonymous said...

It looks really nice. You make a pretty flowers boxes!

Bonnie said...

I can really empathize with you regarding piles of fabrics hanging around. You have done a great job of moving fabric from table top to quilt top. Great job. I won't mention my piles and piles.... Great pun Nann.

Linda Swanekamp said...

This is such a cheerful quilt! It has a wonderful charm about it.