Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Stay At Home Round Robin Round 6

Stay At Home Round Robin
50 x 68

The final round has been added. I probably won't get around to finishing it for awhile. I think it ended up a nice size for a comfort quilt. I did not set out to make a blue and white quilt. I'm surprised I had enough bits and pieces of blue and whites for the whole quilt. 

The prompt for round 6 was "letters and/or numbers". I made some X blocks and depending upon how you look at them they are also O blocks.   This round was added to the top...

...and bottom of the quilt. 

And sew on...



****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Feb. 26 - Finished a good book!  I seem to do most of my reading in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. The book?  - The Last Bookshop in London: A Novel of World War II by Madeline Martin.  I've downloaded to my Kindle another WWII  historical novel by Madeline Martin. WWII historical fiction is one of the genres I like to read. 

Feb. 27 - I've been working out in my gardens the last few days because it has been so warm. It is 72 this afternoon; however, we have an inch of snow, high winds and plummeting temperatures predicted for tomorrow. So anyway, I happened to notice a few Iris Reticulata (Dwarf Iris) in bloom. Not sure what they will look like in a few days if we do get snow. 




 

12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty blues and whites in your SAHRR, Cathy! The X and O blocks are perfect for the last border, too. I read that book and really enjoyed it! Not sure I have ever read another by that author, though - I'll have to go see what my library has!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Of course I am partial to blue & white quilts. I like your X and O blocks, I'm not partial to words on quilts and these worked very nice. I listened to The Last Bookshop in London last year and enjoyed it very much. Happy stitching!

Laura said...

No sewing here. Although it is only 40 degrees, the sun is out, and the Hubster and I have been doing yardwork all week. However, snow and wind predicted tonight here also. I just might be staying in tomorrow! :)

Julierose said...

Just a lovely blue and white quilt--love those x's and o's in your borders...
nice work...hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

I just love the way you left the space above the stars blank, adding the "X" on each side. I love how your SAHRR turned out. Very well done. I love WWII books too, or any historical novel for that matter. We had snow last night but it's all gone today. What's left is the hard, dirty snow/ice that needs rain to melt. Hope the iris survives. ;^)

grammajudyb said...

Great use of the X blocks and subsequent O ‘s. Or as my great granddaughter calls them, “hugs and kisses”

Julie in GA said...

Your blue and white SAHRR quilt top is beautiful! You did a great job interpreting the different prompts. I seem to have run out of steam on mine.

piecefulwendy said...

This is such a pretty quilt, and I like your choice for the final border (why didn't I think of that??).

Pamela Arbour said...

You have made a nice quilt. The X's and O's were creative. As always, great job.

JanineMarie said...

X’s and O’s seem like the best possible way to end this lovely top. It’s been a pleasure watching it grow.

lynn said...

Hugs and kisses seem perfect for a comfort quilt. And blues, well who can resist a blue and white cover. Great creation

Kathleen said...

Xs and Os are a perfect answer to the prompt. I love the way it looks and it will be a perfect comfort quilt. Thanks for playing along with SAHRR