Monday, February 19, 2024

Seven So Far

Seven Little Monkey Wrench Tops

For a couple of years I made three different sizes of Monkey Wrench blocks from scraps as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project with the intent to make donation quilts.  It is always fun to see how many quilts I can get from a pile of blocks. 

This week I worked with the pile of 10 inch (finished) blocks and made 7 tops. If I make a few more brown blocks I can make a brown top and if I make a few more multicolor on black blocks I can make another top.  Then I have a few oddball orphan blocks I will combine with other orphans later in the year. 


All Blues
40 x 60
and
Purple/Lime Green
40 x 50


All Greens
40 x 60
Warm Colors
40 x 50

Orange and Pink
40 x 50

Cool Colors
40 x 50

Pastels
40 x 40

And sew on...


*******
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Feb. 18 - I finally got around to cleaning off my ironing board so I could iron the Monkey Wrench tops and so I can iron some backs I have ready for other quilts I want to get quilted next month when I have a little quilting marathon.  Before cleaning I barely had enough space to iron a six inch block. 

 

14 comments:

Hubblebird said...

Seven quilt tops in one week! You put me to shame. However do you manage to be so prolific? They are all lovely quilts, too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow now to get them all quilted - do you do it yourself?

Rose Marie said...

My word .... this is remarkable!

Elle said...

Holy cannoli girl, that must have been some PILE of blocks. Fantastic rainbow of quilt tops!

Happy Monday! Celebrating another day :-)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh those are SO wonderful!! LOVE this block and in all those amazing colors!! what fun!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, 7 great quilts. I love that block.
Your ironing surface sounds like mine. Maybe that is why I have such a hard time talking myself into pressing anything.

Linda said...

What a wonderful line of quilts! All great colours and combinations of colours. What an achievement, Cathy! Also congratulations for your clean up, very satisfying I’m sure.

Jenny said...

You are an amazing Super Woman indeed!

Chantal said...

The first picture is just amazing of all the quilts in the sunshine. Wow! How many blocks did you have? And you almost have enough for 2 more quilts? Goodness gracious! Girl, you rock! All are pretty. I love the blue one, of course, but also the green one, and the orange one, of course, but the purple and lime one is awesome and ... okay, I love them all. Lol. ;^)

Astrid said...

OOH! Love all those quilt tops on the line! Amazing work in one week! I hope you took time to eat and sleep! :)

Pamela Arbour said...

What an accomplishment. Your patient endurance has paid off handsomely! I love them all.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh my goodness - what a glorious photo of those quilt tops on your clothesline! Your process surely paid off this week with SEVEN tops! You amaze me with all you do.

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW impressive, Cathy - especially since there are MORE blocks waiting to be sewn into tops!!!

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful quilts! Glad you found some ironing board space. That will help with getting the tops ready to quilt.