Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Orphan Block Top

Blue Orphan Blocks
It's a flimsy!
40 x 48

I've been trying to clean up some PILES this month. These orphan blocks have been in a pile near the sewing machine since January when the theme in my sewing space was "Blues and Browns".  Now the pile has turned into a quilt top.  Only one of the blocks in the top was made by me. I framed four blocks to finish at 12 inches. 

And now maybe it will get quilted next month when the theme in my sewing space will be "March Madness Quiltathon". 

And sew on...


****
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Feb. 28 - My grandson is 15 years old today! My how time flies! I was present at his birth and it seems like that was only yesterday. Wish he didn't live at a distance. I hardly see him anymore and he used to be out almost every weekend when he was younger. 

 

5 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I need to join in on that march madness quitathon,can I come over?🤣 Luv the blue!

Julierose said...

It is difficult when you don't get to see your grands very often!! Mine are all busy and in college or working--off on their own lives these days--and I cannot be but happy for them--but I do miss those years of holding them close on my lap, too....
You manage to put orphan blocks together into wonderful pieces and this is yet another lovely one...nice work hugs, Julierose

julieQ said...

Your orphan quilt is very pretty!! I love cleaning up those piles, don't you???

Nann said...

All the blues go so well together! Like a purposeful sampler.

Jenny said...

I'll get looking forward to seeing your March Madness Quiltathon. That will keep you busy - wonder how many quilt tops you have ready and waiting?