Friday, February 23, 2024

Stars Like Spaghetti Is No Longer A Mystery. It's A Top!

Stars Like Spaghetti
60 x 72
It's a top!

And I love it! 
It is oh so full of scraps.


Her version has a little border around but I don't have enough of any one fabric to add that and right now I don't feel like sewing together scraps for a border so more than likely my version will just stay as it is. I'm not a "border person" anyway. 

And I have been trying to clean up PILES this month (no not those piles that are a real pain in the booty but those piles of fabric and scraps and stuff all around the sewing machine) so now I can put all the bits and pieces of fabric I got out for this mystery away. 

And sew on...




*****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

Feb. 22- I got up at around 11pm to get a drink of water. Everything outside was aglow with moonlight. And I could see a full moon high in the sky. And I remembered adults asking me when I was younger if I could see the man in the moon. (Never could).  And the love song " By The Light of The Silvery Moon" went through my head. And then that was enough celebrating of the moonlight so I went back to bed.     This morning I did a little research to see if it really was the full moon but found that doesn't happen until the 24th and it will be the Snow Moon and it will also be a micromoon - the smallest full moon of the year since it is farthest from the earth. 

Feb. 23 - I already did my celebrating early today. I went outside at first light this morning to take pics of Stars Like Spaghetti and was serenaded by the Dawn Chorus - bird song at first light.   I have never been able to identify birds by their songs but I don't need to know the singers in order to enjoy the chorus.  Sunrise here today was at 6:47 and I was out at around 7:15. The Dawn Chorus...what a beautiful way to start the day! 
 

14 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I knew you would rock this one!! ITS AMAZING - your use of scraps is just perfect!!! I like that the Dawn Chorus serenaded you!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Well done, Cathy - this one is really great. I love that dawn chorus - we have one here, too. And we will be watching for the full moon tomorrow night - it was so cloudy last night (rainy) that there was no moon but the night before we had LOTS of moonlight.

Joni said...

A beautiful finish! I love the red stripe stars, such a cool effect.

Chantal said...

I agree with Alycia you totally nailed this one. I love it! I love that bunting flag fabric. Congrats! ;^)

Anonymous said...

You are fast. I'm still thinking about gathering fabric for it. After seeing your quilt, I better get going - at least save the instructions. Thanks for sharing. I do enjoy reading your celebrations.

Linda Swanekamp said...

You have been working on this with all the other quilts you have shown? Wow, one heck of a quilter- prolific and gorgeous! This is really a special one. I couldn't do it when it was going on, but I think I will do it later.

Jenny said...

The morning chorus is indeed a delight, all those birds bright and happy and ready to start another day.

Julierose said...

Stars Like Spaghetti came out beautifully! I really love the variety of fabrics in this one...so pretty...nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This is a beauty, Cathy! I love the dawn chorus, too. It's the perfect way to start the day!

Hubblebird said...

That's a lovely quilt Cathy. I don't think it needs a border. Re the moon, I'm finding it hard to get to sleep because the moon is so bright here on the NSW coast. My husband swears that I am affected by the full moon! And not always in a good way. But, I can't figure this out - others in the Northern hemisphere are talking about seeing a full moon. Tonight (here) 24 Feb the moon will be full. What's that all about? No doubt some more scientific commentator will know. Anyway, signing off with an in-joke with you [moon glows brightly].

Astrid said...

Congrats on the flimsy! What a beautiful quilt! I love red, white and blue (as the Norwegian flag). I was always told about the 'man in the moon' too, but never saw him. I wonder where it comes from? We have a great dawn chorus here too. One particular bird starts and then the others join in. Perfect start of the day. Happy weekend!

Laura said...

Congrats on completing that great red, white and blue flimsy! I have also been watching the moon. We have had so much fog this month, that to see the glorious moon has been a real treat! And today the sun shined! It felt great to work in the yard! :)

Hubblebird said...

Well … who’d have thunk it. I learn something new every day. Apparently we all see the same phase of the moon in the northern and southern hemispheres. Here in the southern hemisphere, we see it upside down to the northern hemisphere. I’m amazed.

Julie in GA said...

Your Stars Like Spaghetti quilt looks amazing! I love your variety of prints, especially in the light fabrics.