It's a finish!
60 x 74
I started it in October 2019. My intent was to use a little pile of Kaffe Collective fabrics I had collected over the years.
It was a finished top a whole year later in November 2020. Not sure what took me so long. I'm easily sidetracked I guess. Or maybe I was afraid to see the little box of fabrics I had been hoarding disappear.
But now I can enjoy those fabrics every day. I couldn't when they were tucked away in a shoe box. I was traveling last month - 6 hours round trip in the car - so I decided to get this quilt into the hoop so I could work on it in the car.
First I did big stitch hand quilting in the solid triangles with perle cotton #8 in a color close to the solid color. I stitched about 1/4 inside the triangles along the seam lines.
Then I used a variety of different colors of regular hand quilting thread and hand quilted leaves in the diamonds. I used a stencil and chalk to mark the leaves.
I didn't have quite enough of one fabric for a backing so had to add a piece of a different fabric. Both are rainbow type fabrics but one is pastel and one is bright.
I had enough of the bright rainbows to use for the binding.