Thursday, December 16, 2021

In-Betweens

I did a little stash busting this month and made 5 tops from my rose prints. In between sewing rows and columns together for those "Roses in December" flimsies I made some blue and white  HSTs from a baggie of bonus triangles someone gave to me in March. I then sewed them together into 62 strips of five to add to my growing collection of HST strips that will at some future date be made into...

...my version of this vintage quilt. 

I also made 396  - 2.5 inch (unfinished) HSTs with some '30s reproduction scraps and Kona Snow so now I am ready to make...

...11 more Carpenter Star blocks. Well, first I have to cut a few Kona Snow and '30s repro squares from scraps then I'll be ready to make those Carpenter Stars. 



 

10 comments:

Julierose said...

Love that HST vintage strippy...I have lots of cut off triangles, but they are mostly differing sizes...so I think I would have to use the flip corner method on squares... One of my ongoing leader-ender projects is to sew them onto squares...a fun project...my goal is to use them all up...for 2022..
hugs, Julierose

mereth said...

I love both of your projects, it will be fun seeing them take shape. Congrats on the tops completed, that is a lot!

cityquilter grace said...

what a gorgeous scrappy carpenter's star...anxious to see more!

Quiltdivajulie said...

How funny - both of these blocks/ideas are on my list for 2022! I'm still focused on finishing unfinished 2021 projects for the next couple of weeks. THEN I can dig into the new ones.

momto1 said...

I just love it when the email comes with your newest post. You show so many beautiful and interesting things! I loved your rose series—so inspired! Now you’ve given me an idea for what to do with the bags of half square triangles.

Thank you for the regular entertainment, and I hope you have a delightful and creative holiday season!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome plans for those HSTs, Cathy!! Your blog posts are such a wonderful source of SCRAPspiration. Thank you SEW much!!

cspoonquilt said...

Love that scrappy Carpenter's star block. Gonna put that on my to do list! Happy Holidays!

Sandy Panagos said...

Another great idea for using up scraps and for making something different for a charity quilt. Are you trying to help me use up MY scraps, too? lol Thanks for all your wonderful ideas!

gayle said...

LOVE those scrappy stars!

QuiltGranma said...

Delightful blocks!