Friday, November 1, 2019

What's in the Bin?


 What's in the Bin?
Autumn "stuff". 
Lets see...

 Thirteen Autumn themed twelve inch Arrowhead Puzzle blocks from a long ago swap. I've used a lot of the swapped blocks I didn't really like all that much in orphan block quilts but I still have these thirteen blocks left. I also have pieces cut for seven more blocks that I never got made up. 
 Four Crumb Maple leaves that finish at 12 inches.  Don't really like them all that much.  
 Eighty-eight 6.5 inch squares from a variety of different swaps that I thought must have had an autumn feel to them since they are in this bin. 

Forty two Autumn themed Happy Blocks that finish at 6.5 inches.  Yes, these are from another long ago swap. 

I'm going to challenge myself to try to empty the bin this month. No, I'm not throwing it all in the trash bin to empty this bin. I'm going to make some quilts 40  x 60 or larger.  Who knows how many quilts that will be.  You will find out at month end. 

is to get at least one flimsy (or top, if you prefer) made. 

I'll give myself bonus points, a pat on the back and a smiley face for more flimsies and for an empty bin. 


15 comments:

Teresa said...

I will be watching to see what you do with these lovelies. I have a friend that has a care quilt ministry at her church and they will take orphan blocks and turn them into a pretty quilt......so that is where my orphan blocks go, and sometimes a partially completed quilt top that I lost interest in,

Libby in TN said...

That box is a treasure-trove of opportunity! I know you'll create some beautiful things with it.

QuiltGram said...

I’m very confident that you’ll accumulate several smilies at the end of the month along with a few lovely ❤️ Quilts. Countdown starting. Well all be watching and cheering you along!

Nann said...

Oh, the potential! I know you will come up with some great flimsies, and maybe a couple of finished quilts. (BTW, the "autumn stuff" category -- do you have other themed bins?)

maggie fellow said...

looks like a treasure box to me. I am anxious to see what you do with it:)

Marly said...

You have grand plans for this month, but knowing your quilting productivity you're sure to empry these bins and more besides. Have a good month!

gayle said...

Good luck with the fall of that Autumn Bin - or Autumn Treasure Chest to those of us looking on with interest! (And not a little envy as well!)

Cathy said...

Oh my, that sounds like fun! I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Makes me wish I had an autumn bin to play with!!

Louise said...

I love to see the orphans come out to play! What I can see of the crumb maple leaves looks really interesting so I hope to see more of those :)

Linda said...

I’ve been having fun thinking about what you will make from your Autumn Bin finds.
I see possibilities for perhaps 6 quilts providing you’re happy to make smaller ones - 40 x 60 sizes.
I have a suggestion for the title of the Arrowhead Quilt......... Bulls Eye.
Have fun sewing up those Autumn finds.

Ann said...

You are so good to make these up instead of tossing the fabric. Fun and busy month.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Can't wait to see the quilts you'll make out of your bin!

mangozz said...

I know that you will empty that bin. I would even bet on it.

Patty said...

A very fun goal! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Chantal said...

That's a very interesting challenge. Looking forward to the end of the month. Good luck. ;^)