Wednesday, November 20, 2019

It's a Finish! Text Me!

 Its a finish!
Text Me
62 x 84

Sorry for the fuzzy picture. It was cloudy and dreary outside. 

Here is a little better picture of it before it was quilted. 

for

This is a donation quilt that will probably go to Humility Homes and Services. When I get a pile of 12 twin sized donation quilts I will let the grandkids pick 6 for donation. Then I will keep some for other occasions and continue to add to that pile. Each time the pile reaches 12 then six will be donated. 
 I used a free pattern called 2 Hour Couch Quilt.  I thought it would be a good way to use that center fabric without cutting it up. I bought a lot of it deeply discounted when Hancock Fabrics went out of business. I've made the granddaughters several things with the fabric like pillowcases and tote bags but they are no longer in the pink phase so thought some other little girl would like a pink quilt. 
 I also thought it would be a good way to use selvages with text. And it's not like I don't have anything better to do but I kind of had a theme going for each of the selvage squares like animals...

 ...and Summer fun. 
 Some of the other fabrics echoed things like hearts, butterflies and flowers found in the center fabric.  I had a couple of different fabrics with letters on a black background I used for the border.  It was an easy make but it took awhile to get it quilted. 


I quilted it with four petaled flowers on my DSM. 

The backing was pieced. The fabric with letters in squares was gifted by a quilty friend. The hearts below that was a leftover piece from another quilt back. The fabric on the right that I also used for binding was a thrift store purchase from long ago when I could actually find yardage at the thrift stores. 

9 comments:

Linda said...

Another clever way to use up leftover fabrics and scraps. Some little girl will love this pink Quilty Hug.

Cathy said...

Great idea and execution for a themed quilt! I’ll have to remember your idea, because I can’t seem to use up my selvages fast enough.

Pamela Arbour said...

Great idea for a quilt. Any girl would love it. This is more my style of quilting. Big and fast!

Teresa said...

Makes for an interesting quilt. I know it will be loved.

Ann said...

What a clever way to use these fabrics and make a {relatively} quick finish. I like your idea of donating half of each dozen.

Louise said...

Another neat finish! I had forgotten about the 2 Hour pattern. So useful for those large focal prints. Thanks for the reminder!

gayle said...

I love your conversational blocks!

sewthisismyblog.blogspot.com said...

That's cute. I like your system of making 12 and donating 6 on a regular basis.

Nann said...

Make 12, give 6: a good idea! And there is a 'tween who will just love this one.