Saturday, September 21, 2019

What Happened To Those Purple Scraps?

 From the 2.5 inch scrap bin...Garlic Knots aka Arrowhead Puzzles. 
 I cut some gray and black squares to make the rest of the blocks next month that I'll need for a twin sized quilt. 
 I've been making HRTs from 4.5 inch scraps for a couple of years. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them but maybe it is about time I make a decision. In addition to the purples I sewed together some pinks I had cut out but had not gotten sewn together in the pink month.  Hmmmm...before I put them away I may see how these blocks might look assembled into diamonds. 
 These 12 inch blocks came out of the 3.5 inch scrap bin.  Again I think my target is a twin sized quilt. Not sure how many blocks I have right now. This may be a Rainbow Scrap Challenge I continue into next year or next month I may assess what colors are in the 3.5 inch scrap bin and make up the rest of the blocks I need. 
And finally I made ten little 3 inch finished Kitties that I'm thinking I'll match up with some of the little Nine Patches from the big bin of little Nine Patches in the Parts Department.  I'm thinking a baby quilt of these will be the goal. 

18 comments:

grammajudyb said...

So much purple goodness!!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love all the purple. Especially the purple leopard block :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty purples! I love the cats!

Linda said...

So many gorgeous purple blocks! Love them all. Coincidentally I’m making some of the Star Blocks as rainbow ones, not as the strict RSC19 challenge although I have made 2 purple ones this month. All my blocks have a white on white Star. Intending to make a baby quilt. Interested to see what you’re design will be using the HRT blocks. Happy cogitating!

Deb A said...

What a great array of purples you have to play with. Those will make some great quilts.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love those Bonnie Hunter Garlic Knot blocks. I hope I still have the magazine to make some one of these days. I think I need to spend more time in the sewing room I never get much done these days.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! What a wide range of PURPLE represented in your blocks. SEW lovely!

Sue SA said...

Kitties and nine patches look great together, will make a nice cot quilt.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love all your purples! Can't wait to see the finish.

Kaja said...

I like the cats with nine patches; that will make a pretty funky baby quilt. I also like the fabric with the little bees - it's always fun to examine your photos to see what I can spot.

Louise said...

Are you deliberately making half your HRTs the opposite direction? I usually forget to do that and end up unable to make diamonds :(

gayle said...

Pretty pretty purples!
Can't wait to see what you do with all those spiky bits!

Ann said...

I'm always impressed by the quantity of fabrics you have and enjoy perusing the different prints.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I know I say this every month, but these are all so beautiful. You have a way of combining the perfect fabrics to make everything sing like a choir. The garlic knots are my favorites.

Susie H said...

By now you know I'm a big fan of your garlic knots. But those kitties are darling!

cspoonquilt said...

I like them all! The one at the top has an interesting geometry too. cheers!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

You've got a lot of pretty blocks, and a flexible attitude - I'm sure your finished quilts will be so pretty and original!

Nann said...

Well, shallots come in purple and they are in the allium family along with garlic! (Shall We or Shallot Knot?) . . . I've never tried HRTs though I've still got all the Martingale books (and the Birangle ruler).