Monday, September 16, 2019

It's a Flimsy! Serendipity

 It's a flimsy! 
Serendipity

It's roughly 60 x 84

     my version                                           vintage version 


I think the block is a Stone Mason's Puzzle Variation and I set about making them my way in May.  The blocks finished a little larger than 12 inches. 

When the blocks are joined together they form a secondary pattern. 
 I had a lot of small chunks of blue green fabrics that I decided to use up in this quilt so each block has at least one piece of blue green fabric. 
 It's funny how some of the blue greens tend to look more light blue than blue-green depending upon the colors of fabrics around them. 

 My OMG (One Monthly Goal) for September was to finish 7 blocks and then sew them together into a flimsy.  Mission accomplished I'm glad to say since this has been an unusually busy month with little sewing time.   






13 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very pretty scrappy....

Julierose said...

I love this and I really like how you put it together...really nice work hugs, Julierose

Connie said...

It is gorgeous, what else can I say. I love how colorful you have made it.

Marly said...

This is lovely, and I like the clever way you made it; really inventive!

audrey said...

Love this Cathy! Wonderful, wonderful look and feel to this one.:)

Susie H said...

Beautifully scrappy! Great quilt! Congratulations on a gorgeous finish!

Ann said...

An attractive and different way to use up scraps. I like the secondary boxes interspersed in the crosses and the way colors change depending on their surroundings. Good job.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Fabulous scrappy quilt top! I found myself looking at it a long time. Love the whole feel of it and the mix of wild fabrics.

Louise said...

Love these colors, and how the tiny squares in the centers draw the eye in :)

Yvonne said...

Such scrappy goodness. I much prefer your version to the original but I am a bit biased in that I love bright colours.

Sandy Panagos said...

Don't you love those accomplished missions? So cute!

Patty said...

Great quilt! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

Anonymous said...

And what a gorgeous flimsy it is!