Thursday, September 26, 2019

It's a Finish! Cattywampus


 It's a finish! 
Cattywampus
42 x 56
 I started with a variety of cat themed 6.5 inch pieces with black backgrounds...

 Then I added bright strings all around until I reached roughly a fifteen inch block. 
 Blocks were trimmed to 14.5 inches. 

For the backing I pieced together several different green pieces that were trimmings from previously used quilt backings. 

I then quilted it with some spirals on my DSM and bound it with a lime green plaid. I was going to make a scrappy binding from leftover bindings in the leftover binding box but there weren't many leftover pieces in there. 

for
and it will probably be donated to

9 comments:

Nann said...

Funny how easy it is to say, "I'm collecting some [name that theme] novelties" and end up with a whole box of them! Looks as though you made good inroads on that box, and on the string bin as well. Some young (or maybe not so young) cat fancier will love this charming quilt.

Linda said...

Another super happy quilt. I love your Happy Cat Blocks, so much to look at and so colourful! Yet another finish for 2019!

Cathy said...

Awesome quilt! Three cheers for cats (of the feline variety, the fabric variety and the grannies-born-in-the-fifties variety)!

Pamela Arbour said...

Cute theme and great finish! I am almost jealous! LOL

Louise said...

Cat themed quilts are always fun! I love these giant scrappy stringy blocks :)

---"Love" said...

Those big blocks make a quilt in a hurry, don't they? It really looks good, and someone will love petting all those kitties! ---"Love"

Ann said...

What a cute quilt and a great way to use these novelty fabrics.

Unknown said...

I always love to see your colorful quilts! You always have the best scraps and you haven't run out yet.

Emily said...

Love this! So bright and colorful! My string bucket is overflowing so it's time for me to pick a string project to work on, I might do something similar.