Sunday, September 29, 2019

Hand Quilting Sunflowers


 I've almost finished hand quilting 17 out of 18 Sunflowers. 


 And I've almost finished hand quilting 1/4 inch inside all the triangles in the Flying Geese sashing. 


I've been using a stencil and pounce pad with chalk to mark the Sunflower centers and after I finish one more Sunflower then...


 ...I'm thinking I will use another stencil to mark this design in the four corners of the Sunflower blocks. (I guess after I mark them I'll have to also hand quilt the design). 


Then I'm thinking I'll stitch the top corner design in the side setting triangles. 

14 comments:

CathieJ said...

What pretty stencils you are using. I love those designs. I am enjoying watching your hand-quilting progress. So very pretty.

Angela said...

Love you sunflowers!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my so many stitches to make! It's going to be awesome!

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your sunflowers!

MissPat said...

Your getting close to a finish. This quilt is such a labor of love.
Pat

Gretchen Weaver said...

Love your sunflower quilting, beautiful! Happy Stitching!

---"Love" said...

First the sunflowers were beautiful; then your quilting looks fantastic! Those quilting designs are perfect for those sunflower blocks! It's going to be a beautiful quilt! ---"Love"---

gayle said...

Stunning sunflowers! The quilting is just perfect for them, too. Love love love!
(And now I'm desperately trying to remember where I put my sunflower blocks...)

cityquilter grace said...

such beautiful quilting patterns....excellent choice!

Tiina said...

Very pretty! That chalk marking, does it hold well? I have thought that I should try it instead of water soluble markers

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Perfect stencils for your hand quilting. Nice work! Takes such a long time.

Kim said...

Your Sunflowers are fabulous. Your quilting is coming along beautifully. Love the design.

Michelle H said...

Love that design! Where is it from or did you design it yourself?!

Louise said...

That's a lovely stitching design!