Thursday, September 19, 2019

It's a Finish! Cats in Neutral Territory

 It's a finish! 
Cats in Neutral Territory
(Puss in the Corner)
60 x 80
 It has passed close inspection and has been approved for giving to one of my fav charities or for gifting to family or friends who need a quilty hug. 
 It consists of ten inch Puss in the Corner (or uneven Nine Patch) blocks. I had a bout of Cat Scrap Fever last year and ended up with lots of cat themed quilts to quilt this year.  I used up a lot of cat themed scraps and small pieces of neutral scrap chunks in this one.  That left me with some neutral scraps that went into the 2.5 inch scrap bin.  I've probably already used those in blocks I've made from the 2.5 inch scrap bin. 
 September has been a really busy month for me with both planned and unplanned activities so I've kept a quilt under the needle for quilting during the small snippets of time I've been able to make it into the sewing room.  This one was quilted simply with unevenly spaced vertical lines. 

A quilty friend sent me a gently used sheet I used on the back. It was the perfect size after I picked out the stitching on the sides to leave me a little tiny bit of extra width. 

for

7 comments:

Linda said...

Another finish! That’s absolutely amazing. Lovely quilt, pleased Puss is checking it out, hope it passed his high standards. I love cats, both furry and fabric ones.

Louise said...

Your themed quilts are my favorites! So many fun kitty prints in this one. And is that your little ginger cat, or a neighbor just moseying by? :)

MissPat said...

Purrfect quilt for gifting. Glad it was kitty approved. I must remember this pattern. I have a ton of kids novelty prints I need to use up. I also need to remember that simple line quilting is sufficient and not worry about free motion quilting ever last one.
Pat

Cathy said...

I love all your quilts, but this one is definitely the cat’s meow. From one CAThy to another, it’s purrfect. And worthy of being copied!

Pamela Arbour said...

It will definitely be loved by whoever receives it! Love it. Congratulations on another finish. How many have you finshed this year?

---"Love" said...

A kid somewhere will love this kitty quilt! ---"Love"

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

This is beyond cute! Can't beat a quilt full of cats.