Friday, May 17, 2019

Gallimaufry

 Gallimaufry

Inspired by the following vintage quilt:

Four inch finished blocks with fourteen pieces. 
I like all the secondary patterns and chains that form. 
I made these blocks this week and now have 181 of them. My goal is 396. 

I just make them as the urge strikes. 

The little 1.5 inch HST pieces were cut with the Easy Angle ruler off the end of strips used to make QSTs for Vintage Thingamajigs and I still have a lot of them I can use.  After the HST piece was cut off the end of the strip then the  QSTs were cut with the Easy Angle Companion ruler and then the end was cut again with the Easy Angle ruler and resulted in another HST.  The little 1.5 inch squares are what is left of a pencil case full of scraps left from making several postage stamp quilts.  And the 2.5 inch scraps come out of the 2.5 inch scrap bin. 

More later. 

6 comments:

audrey said...

Your quilts are always so colorful. I really enjoy following along with your wonderfully scrappy adventures!:)

Mystic Quilter said...

Exciting and colourful and beautifully scrappy.

Janie said...

Wow! So much color excitement and the butterflies. I know they're part of something else but I still see them.

Linda said...

More exciting blocks. I admire your energy and ability to sew all those tiny pieces.

Nann said...

And Gallimaufry joins Salmagundi and Thingamajigs in the most-cleverly-named-scrap-quilt category!

SandyPA said...

Aha, I see you used my word of the day Gallimaufy! Maybe the next scrappy scramble could be names macédoine.