It's a finish!
60 x 78
I started making these blocks last year after I was inspired by some vintage blocks on Flickr.
I don't know the name of the block so I started calling it Vintage Thingamajig and the name stuck. I made the blocks a 20 minute a day project and worked on them for the equivalent of 20 minutes each day between July 1 and December 30.
Each six inch block has 29 pieces and they look like they could be an Ohio Star variation.
That sure was a lot of little points to match and little pieces to orient properly. Sometimes they didn't match and sometimes they weren't oriented properly. And so it goes. The nice thing about little scrappy blocks is that it's difficult to spot oopsies (unless you are the maker).
I did big stitching with black perle #8 as you can see and as you can't see - in the ditch between blocks. I didn't mark anything. I just enjoyed stitching. They way it is stitched kind of makes the blocks poof out.
I pieced together small bits and pieces of this calico to use on the back.