Tuesday, April 23, 2019

It's a Jungle Out There!


It's a Jungle Out There! 
48 x 64

It's finished and ready for giving or gifting! 


Last year I tried to reduce my string scraps and sorted them into boxes by color group.  When the sorting was done I had a box of pink and white strings, blue strings, green and brown strings, bright strings.  

This is the second quilt I made from a box of brown and green strings. There were a few gold ones thrown in there too.   I posted about the other quilt from the green and brown strings yesterday.  I finished this top way back in March 2018 to be quilted this year. The time has come. 

I also added in a variety of green and brown critter fabrics for the centers (are they really centers in a quarter log cabin or are they starters? )  - odd bits and pieces left over from bug jar quilts, I Spy swaps, etc. 



 When I found I didn't have 48 pieces of critter fabrics I threw in some glow in the dark eyes from the Halloween fabric stash.  Here's looking at you, kid! 
 I used a tan sheet for the backing and quilted it with leaves in green variegated thread. 
The binding is scrappy and also came from the box of strings.  I sewed it down by machine using a blanket stitch. 

By the time I get to my strings they are pretty stringy. Even after washing I can see a few stray threads here and there.  Guess the quilt needs a shave. 

for

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your leaves look SO good -- I really need to work on mine (they are so lopsided and uneven). Kudos to you for reducing that string stash. Totally understand having been there myself. Someone will adore this quilt when it is gifted to the recipient.

Linda said...

Love it! When you machine the binding down do you put it on the back and bring over to the front of the quilt and then blanket stitch from the front of the quilt?

gayle said...

You are flying through the finishes! Another winner!

Louise said...

I think the glowing eyeballs really make this quilt :)

mangozz said...

I especially like that leaf quilting design. It looks like it would take some time to do though, and some practice!

Thistle Thicket Studio said...

Another great finish! Your machine-sewn binding looks so good. Thanks for participating in the Finish-a-Long!