Saturday, December 22, 2018

It's a Flimsy! Cattywampus II

 Cattywampus II
42 x 56

I'm making an effort to use strings and selvages in 2019 in different quilts. 

I used bright strings sewn wonky log cabin style around 6.5 inch centers of cats on black backgrounds.  I squared the wonky blocks up to 12.5 inches and then added 1.5 inch strips around log cabin style to make blocks 14 inches finished.  Cattywampus I blocks were 15 inches and I seemed to have problems squaring up those wonky blocks so tried this method on Cattywampus II. 

This is the kind of sewing I do when I feel frazzled like that cat lower right. 


10 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Great way to use bright strings!

gayle said...

I love those bright happy strings! (And I know exactly how that frazzled cat feels!)

Janie said...

Liberated log cabin style, exciting.
Very entertaining with the colors and the cats!
Someone will enjoy that quilt.

Cathy said...

That is such a cute quilt. I recently purchased a layer cake of assorted cat-themed fabrics. Today I set about matching them up with FQs and other scraps from my stash to begin making more kennel quilts. There’s a great need for them now in California because of the fires; lots of displaced animals.

Dorothy said...

I think I have that cat fabric on the lower right square----some where in the stash----:-)

Louise said...

I hope you aren't that frazzled too often, that cat looks like its tail got stuck in a light socket! On the other hand, your frazzled sewing results in super cute quilts :)

Linda said...

Just love those Crazy Cat blocks. You have some great fabrics in your stash - which seems like a bottomless pit, just amazing how all those squares keep appearing.

Pamela Arbour said...

Fabulous! Thanks for all the inspiration you have given through this year!

The Joyful Quilter said...

This is going to be a super FUN quilt!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh what a fun quilt!!