Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Oh Happy Day - Four Happy Flimsies!


 Three Happy Block Flimsies
Baseball, Butterflies, Sports
40 x 60

There's only a few quilts I make more than once.  
I've made a lot of Happy Block quilts. 

For years when the grandkids were little I swapped novelty centers in different sizes with different groups. I've even swapped Happy Blocks.  Happy Blocks are pretty versatile and can be made with any sized centers and sides. They are great for novelty or big print fabrics and are quick and easy to make. 

This year I've tried very hard to get lots of little bits and pieces, old odds and ends into flimsies. I still have a box of partial sets of Happy Blocks in a variety of themes but I'm slowly emptying that box. 


1. Baseball Happies
I used a variety of baseball themed centers. 



 2. Sports Happies
Different sports for different folks


3. Happy Butterflies

4.  Animal Farm
60 x 72
Six inch Happy Blocks with four inch critter centers. Some of the blocks were swapped and some of the centers were swapped with different groups. 


 My granddaughter Isabelle thinks she wants to be a veterinarian. 
I'll save this one for her when she graduates from high school and goes off to college. 
 Whether or not she becomes a veterinarian she has always loved animals so that's why I made this with her in mind.  She loves spiders and frogs and snakes and beetles and even mice.  She loves birds and rabbits and fish and cats and dogs, raccoons and possums. 
And I love her. 

11 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, what a finish! Thanks to following your blog I have been introduced to the Happy Block and made a few Quilts and loads of blocks. Recently finished a baby quilt from Happy Blocks with a 'Boy ' theme. Thanks for the super idea!

Julierose said...

Just lovely themed flimsies...good for you--nice work hugs, Julierose

---"Love" said...

Each one of those is very special! Someone is going to love each one! ---"Love"

Cathy said...

Great way to use those novelty fabrics for a good purpose!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

These blocks are so appropriately named!! I just love these flimsies. What a great idea for Novelty prints.
Merry Christmas
Carol

Louise said...

This is such a bright eye candy blog post! So many yummy colors and fun prints. Happy blocks, indeed! :)

Ann said...

What cute, quick quilts to gift to children. They will love them to pieces - just what we want.

Sue SA said...

Love these quilts, just the best way to build a I Spy quilt ever!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely selection of cute ISpy quilts! Great way to use up those novelty prints. Merry Christmas.

Janie said...

Happy Day! Yes, beautiful flimsies. They'll make some lucky kids smile.
Merry and Bright!

Emily said...

These are so much fun! I especially love that animal one that you are saving for the vet-to-be!