Looks kind of like a pile of dirty laundry. It's not. But I guess I'm airing some. Can you tell that sewing rows together is not my favorite thing to do? I end up with piles like this from time to time next to my chair at the sewing machine. When it gets pretty high I do something about it - I force myself to start sewing together rows before I can do any other sewing related thing. Depending upon what needs to be done I make little goals about how many rows need to be sewn together each day or how many blocks need to be completed each day.
So what's in the pile this time? Are you curious? If so then read on.
There's a bunch of nine inch Triangle Tile blocks ( I think that's what they are called) that need rows sewn together.
After these HSTs are sewn into blocks and the webbed ones are made into blocks I should have 56 blocks that can be sewn together into rows and thrown back into the pile.
And then there's my little butterflies. All blocks are sewn together into 20 rows and now I just have to sew those 20 rows togetherr.
Also in the pile are rows of Happy Animals.
And then there's the String Star blocks for my One Monthly Goal all sewn together into rows now.
Then there's a pile of these little Whatchamacallits that need to be sewn together. I made these from some of the 1.5 inch scraps left over from the String Stars. More on those later.
And there are some of these little rails in the pile. All they need is ironing. No rows to sew together on these.
And finally there's an orphan block partially sewn together. I started sewing it together but noticed I hadn't used the same solid or tot for one of the colors, darn it. So I tossed it aside and made another one the right way.
And that's the process for some quilts. Not all follow the same process though.