Thursday, May 17, 2018

It's a Finish!


Green
a donation quilt 
40 x 60

It's made from some lotto blocks and orphans. 


I've had the four blocks I used as the center medallion since probably the late '80s.  I made a couple of "Quilt in a Day" twin sized quilts for my oldest kids some time back then. I know I made them before I even owned a rotary cutter.  Anyway, these blocks were left over and it was finally time to dust them off and put them to use. 

I pieced the batting and used a serpentine stitch for quilting. 
I had enough of a green floral to use for binding. I am feeling better these days about how my machine stitched binding looks.  
I pieced a green backing from pieces left over from backing larger quilts. 


for 

5 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

Looks like a St. Paddy's day quilt! Using all those Orphan blocks is great! I love the colors in the last two quilts too, sooo cheerful and the geese going up and down creates a lot of interest!

Julierose said...

Great finish; I like your machined binding--I do it all the time now...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

What a great use for your long-time orphan blocks, you have made them the centre piece of a great Donation Quilt. Good to use those leftover pieces of backing to back your quilt.

Kaja said...

Well done for meeting your goal and for producing another great donation quilt.

Danice G said...

Oh I really love this quilt. Green is my favorite color. Very nice.