Thursday, May 17, 2018

It's a Finish!


Green
a donation quilt 
40 x 60

It's made from some lotto blocks and orphans. 


I've had the four blocks I used as the center medallion since probably the late '80s.  I made a couple of "Quilt in a Day" twin sized quilts for my oldest kids some time back then. I know I made them before I even owned a rotary cutter.  Anyway, these blocks were left over and it was finally time to dust them off and put them to use. 

I pieced the batting and used a serpentine stitch for quilting. 
I had enough of a green floral to use for binding. I am feeling better these days about how my machine stitched binding looks.  
I pieced a green backing from pieces left over from backing larger quilts. 


for 

4 comments:

cspoonquilt said...

Looks like a St. Paddy's day quilt! Using all those Orphan blocks is great! I love the colors in the last two quilts too, sooo cheerful and the geese going up and down creates a lot of interest!

Julierose said...

Great finish; I like your machined binding--I do it all the time now...hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

What a great use for your long-time orphan blocks, you have made them the centre piece of a great Donation Quilt. Good to use those leftover pieces of backing to back your quilt.

Kaja said...

Well done for meeting your goal and for producing another great donation quilt.