Monday, May 7, 2018

It's a Finish! Star Chain



Star Chain
56 x 70
It's a Finish! 

This time of year I do a little machine quilting and take a break from that to do a little gardening and then take a break from that to do a little machine quilting and...(you get the picture). 

 I think half of these 14 inch blocks were 2014 Block Lotto winnings.  I made the other half. 
I quilted it on my DSM with horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines. I'm not going to say "straight lines" because a lot of them are definitely not straight. 

I pieced together leftover batting, used fabric from stash for backing and made a scrappy green binding from scraps in the chunky scrap crate. 

This is in my donation/gift stash now waiting for the perfect recipient. 

for


15 comments:

Bonnie said...

YEA! A fabulous finish! And, think how wonderful it is to use up all those scraps from batting, to binding to fabric. This is a great block pattern.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Pretty quilt, the fact you used leftover batting and backing makes it even more enjoyable. Whoever receives this quilt will love it!

Kathryn said...

I like to use my Block Lotto winnings for charity quilts also. It's a great way to give back.

Julierose said...

Beautiful finish; I really love how the colors change and move lighter and darker--very nice work hugs, Julierose

Linda said...

All your quilts are stunning but this one beats the band! Fabulous!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have made a very cozy quilt. Anyone would love to snuggle up to it. Congratulations on your finish.

Marei said...

You're my quilty hero! I just wish you were my neighbor, too, as I would love to drop by, pull a couple weeds, have some chit-chat, and hang out in your sewing room....maybe touching your fabric...like one does at a friend's house.

Lynn said...

That is very cute. Great blocks - what size is the 'timer' section of the star? Looks like a great use for some scraps too.

mangozz said...

Beautiful quilt finish! Love the chain stars. I've never seen that design before.

Janie said...

Congratulations, Cathy.
I like the contrast of light and dark and the greens are perfect for a spring time finish.

Louise said...

A fresh, green quilt to celebrate your return to the garden! Beautifully finished, Cathy. Straight lines are overrated, I think. Quilting lines only need to look like they belong, not like they are running the whole show.

em's scrapbag said...

What a wonderful finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THat is a great quilt!! I love it! and that you get your gardening in - in between your quilting! We have tomatoes planted and fingers crossed for no snow ha ha

Lynne said...

What a gorgeous quilt! And, I love that you have a quilt stash waiting for the right recipient - what a cool idea! On behalf of the FAL crew, congrats on your finish and thanks for participating!

SandyPA said...

Cathy, it was YOUR quilt that inspired me to make one of my own! I love what you did with the Irish Star Chain blocks.