With my finish yesterday of my last UFO - Cobwebs and Spiderwebs I wasn't sure which UFO to work on next. I don't want to use up my safety pins to pin together another quilt top to finish until I know all my Christmas quilt gifts are finished.
Most of my UFOs need more blocks in order to sew them together. Why? Because I love to swap. That forces me to sew together a whole bunch of blocks for myself and for swapping but there's never enough for an entire quilt. And so, they become piles of UFOs.
So, I took inventory this week in order to decide what to work on. I'm only counting the piles that have been around 6-8 months or more.
Needs more blocks -
Rainbow Thrifties (pile says 150 of them - 6 inch blocks. May be enough)
Pink and Black Sampler
Black, White and one other color Sampler
Depression Blocks (there may be enough of these for a Queen quilt- didn't count)
30s block swap
Grandsma's Sewing Room (Spools and a few other surprises)
Civil War Sampler
Farmer's Wife Sampler
Sylvia's Bridal Sampler
Country 9 Patch (there may be enough)
Ready for Quilting
Roll, Roll Cotton Boll (Quiltville Mystery)
Orca Bay (Quiltville Mystery)
Double 4 Patch
So, for my UFO sewing today I worked on a few more 6 inch spools. I'm making the spools black with aqua and red backgrounds. And, I'm including a few other 6 inch blocks as a fun surprise. I'm calling it Grandma's Sewing Room. I made 12 more blocks today with aqua backgrounds which brings me to a total of 46 out of a total ??? I don't know yet how big I want to make it.
I basically only have the weekends to sew and the rest of the week if I do sew it is hand sewing while I watch TV.
So, I finished up a baby quilt for a niece who is expecting/over due. I used some Happy Blocks with kittens on them from my stash of Happy Blocks and tried free motion quilting some 4 petaled flowers.
Sorry the pictures are so blurry today. My hands are rather shaky.
For the back I used some fabric from my stash that I bought off the sale table at Hancock's at 50 % off on Senior Citizen's Day which meant another 15 % off. I bought several yards so I would have it for backing fabric. For the binding I used some gray fabric with pink, blue and white flowers that I think I've had since the 70s. If I remember correctly I made a skirt that buttoned down the front from some of it.