Friday, January 23, 2015

Wonky Log Cabin


40 x 58
Wonky Log Cabins


 From Scraps
For Donation


Machine quilted  on my Plain Jane DSM with some wonky squares - my first time trying these. 


I guess I didn't botch it up too bad all things considered.  I don't think a child somewhere is going to inspect the quilting so it's kind of fun to practice something new. 


And it did add a nice cuddly texture when washed.   I sewed the binding on by machine too. I don't really like the look and I'm not good at it but it is recommended for kid's quilts by the places where I usually send quilts (Wrap-a-Smile or Quilts Beyond Borders).   I think it took me longer to sew on the binding than to quilt the darned thing. My top thread kept breaking every 8 inches or so. I used the blanket stitch on the machine. Never again. 


The backing is some happy polka dots. 


Binding Blitz

And, finally, linking up to Julie's January Binding Blitz

8 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh, I so like your log cabin. And that was a great way to quilt this colorful quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That one will be fought over!! its great!!

wish2stitch said...

Well done! Three finishes already is year. Your quilt looks great. Visiting from FIUF.

Julianne said...

I just have to know how you did that quilitng on your DSM??!! It looks great and not a pucker in sight!

Anita said...

Lovely Wonky!

julieQ said...

Whoop, whoop!!! That is just the coolest quilt!! My style entirely! Thank you for linking up.

Nita said...

That polkadot backing really makes the quilt. Perfect match with the happy front. :) good find! I have trouble finding good backings, especially ones for donation quilts.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

It's lovely and the quilting looks great to me!