Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hmmmmmmmm...


I've finished hand quilting (I know...to some of you it might look like I've finished basting) the melons and arches on the Pickle Dish quilt for the hope chest of one of my granddaughters. 

The center section of the Pickle Dish is smaller than the Double Wedding Ring I made for the other granddaughter so I can't use the same stencil.   I never know exactly what to quilt. So, maybe I'll use this heart design for the centers...


...as well as for the four patches. 

It is a wedding quilt for the future for a pink-loving girl so I guess I can go lovey-dovey with the hearts. 

Doing any hand stitching today? 

10 comments:

Terri said...

I admire your ability to plan ahead. (I read this blog on a regular basis, so I know your grandgirl is probably 6 or so.) I started the pink hugs and kisses quilt for my grandgirl to be at the first notice from her Mom that she was pregnant. Now I'll have to rush to finish before her first birthday. I just didn't get that "think ahead" gene, I guess.
Yes, hearts will look wonderful there.
Hugs

Quilter Kathy said...

I think I have that exact same stencil! I want to use it on a Valentine's quilt. Enjoy your slow stitching today!
Thanks for linking up!

FabricandFlowers said...

Beautiful quilt! I love the hand stitching. You've made an heirloom for a lucky girl.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your stencil is perfect! Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Your Pickle Dish is looking even lovelier with the quilting now being added, and I like the size of your stitches, I'm a big fan of big stitch quilting and will be using it on my Cotton Candy.

CathieJ said...

Go for the hearts. It is a wedding quilt after all.

Nancy said...

We are sometimes so hard on ourselves when we look at our hand quilting. I think yours looks great!

I like the idea of the heart stencils. The pointy areas where the four "corners" meet almost have the shape of elongated hearts, just turned the opposite way from your stencil.

You quilt is very fun!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That heart stencil is perfect for a wedding quilt. Wish I were big stitching mine right now.

Ellen said...

Your quilting looks perfect to me! I love the hearts.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I've told you before, but I'll say it again - this is a FABULOUS, MARVELOUS, AMAZING, and COMPLETELY WONDERFUL quilt! (I'm not usually one for hearts, but they are PERFECT for this one)