Sunday, January 18, 2015

Up Next in the Hand Quilting Queue


Very soon I hope to start big stitch quilting on Apple of My Eye.  I've got it all pin basted. (Oh, my aching back).


54 x 66
These blocks are from two separate swaps of 6 inch blocks - Apples in 30s reproductions, nine patches in 30s.  The apples were to be apple colors - red, green, yellow and I picked out nine patches in the same colors. I made the border in the same colors - three 1.5 inch strips. 

I will quilt it with red perle #8. 

I'm thinking it will be another hope chest item...a baby quilt for a great grandchild.  I've been told I probably won't have any more grandchildren so it's on to the great grandchildren, I guess.  Just planning for the future.  I may not always be sane and healthy. 


But before I can work on Apple of My Eye I have to finish Pickle Dish.  I posted the other day about it being almost finished and I've worked on it a little since then.   The binding is ready too.  Maybe I'll finish up the hand quilting later tonight or tomorrow after work or the next day after work. Maybe...

It's Slow Stitching Sunday and Kathy wanted us to post a photo of our stitching hand and so I have- complete with thimble and needle and Pickle Dish in the frame I use.  That might be my saggy boob over on the top left. 



13 comments:

Julierose said...

Cutest Apples! Love those fabrics...hugs, Julierose

Lorene Holbrook said...

oh how I wish I would have joined the 9 patch swap!!! I love how the apples and 9 patches look so well together. great job!!!

Barbara said...

I love your apple and 9-patch quilt. Can't wait to see it quilted.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love the apple quilt and the pickle dish. I would love for you to share your scrappy projects Oh Scrap!

Rose said...

Such a cute quilt. The bright colors in both quilts remind me of summer, which is a nice thought right now.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love those 30's prints what a great quilt to stitch during the dull and dreary winter. I am so glad I will be able to start my pickle dish soon! Yours has me itching to start!

Mary said...

Pickle dish is coming along and the apple quilt is a beautiful gift for a great grandchild!

Cathy said...

Oh, I love that Apple quilt! Lovely colors!

the girlfriend gap said...

Very cute little apple quilt. janita

Quilter Kathy said...

Thank you for indulging me... love the photo!
A lovely new quilt is up next... so fun!

Jennie in GA said...

Fun fabrics to focus on as you hand quilt!

Kaja said...

Your pickle dish is looking great and I love the vintage vibe of your apples too!

Kathy S. said...

I love those apples! What a great block to swap in apple colors.