Monday, January 26, 2015

Crumb Bum


My original thought was to make a crumb border for my Kaleidoscope quilt. I used crumbs for each of the kaleidoscope block corners why not extend that into the borders.    I thought crumbs would look like those  little pieces in a kaleidoscope before they form those beautiful designs.  Before I got too far with my crumb making I decided to pin it all to the wall to see how it looks.  I'm on the fence but I think I will go with my original thought and go ahead and add the crumb borders...



...to my Kaleidoscope quilt.

12 comments:

Sue said...

Wow! What a stunner!

Podunk Pretties said...

Sue took the words right out of my mouth...WOWZER! Why can't I be that brave with my scraps?

Vic in NH said...

It looks really cool as planned but if you think that it detracts from the order of your blocks, you could always add a narrow inner border of a solid?

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think I would add a very narrow stop border before adding the outer crumb border -- that would let both shine even more brightly. The quilt is fabulous!!!!!!!!

Julierose said...

I agree--a narrow strip would give it a little separation...make them stand out more...such great blocks...hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

What a gorgeous quilt top!

audrey said...

What a great quilt! Love the addition of the crumbs.:)

carla said...

Hi!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! It is beautiful!!!! I love it!!!! I will be back to see what you decided to do!!!!

colleen said...

Ah those people said what I wanted to say. I am in favor of you trying a border to separate the blocks from the crumb border....depending on size (you want the quilt) I'd say a wider border rather narrow and perhaps a wider binding too
But it's your quilt you choose

Ann said...

What a fantastic quilt! I too would try a narrow border but it's your quilt and looks fabulous.

Julianne said...

This quilt is just phenomenal! I love it! It makes me happy just seeing all those wonderful colors together, this one is on my bucket list for sure! Great job!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Wow - that is just so pretty!