Friday, January 3, 2014

Crazy Cravings - It's a Top !


I finished the last block for my Crazy Cravings lap quilt and now have them all sewn together with borders.
 I think it measures about 57 x 69. 
The pink  border is a pink gingham and I plan on doing some chicken scratch embroidery in brown along it. I'm thinking I may add some white rick rack on the brown border or crochet some trim to add along the brown border (to make it look like frosting).  I also need to add some stitches where the blocks are now joined together.  
And when that's all finished I will add batting and backing and add some big stitch quilting to hold it all together. 

I'm so glad I have made it this far. 
This has been my Crazy Quilt Journal Project for 2013.  
For 2014 I'll be working on Crazy Farm! 

Linking to: 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never made a crazy quilt before. It's very cute!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Just love it! Looking forward to your progress on your farm quilt. I definitely need to try a block!

Sarah Craig said...

That's a very cool crazy quilt! Whoop whoop!!

Sharon said...

Love your quilt! I love crazy quilts and hope to make one this year.

Anonymous said...

love love LOVE this!! It looks wonderful. I've been following along and watching the progress on each block, and drooling over some of the sweets. :)

crookedtailcrafts said...

A crazy quilt is totally on my quilting "bucket" list. You did a fabulous job! Beautiful top!

Debbie S. said...

Great quilt top finish. I love the style and colors, and who wouldn't love a goodies themed quilt.