Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Starry Paths - Now A Complete Block Set




Starry Paths
12 inch finished blocks
Now there are 24 blocks for a complete block set. I will set them aside for now and maybe assemble the top later on in the month. 

I blogged about this old UFO a few days ago. It is one that falls under my "reproductions" theme of the month to move UFOs forward. 

And sew on...

***
Garden News

Mulberry trees grow wild around here. LOTS of them. I try to get to them before they get out of hand but some grow up along the fence line between my cottage garden and a field.  Over six years ago a massive one fell over the top of my fairy garden area which is right in the middle of my cottage garden area. Although I do use a little chain saw the limbs were too big for me to cut. John wasn't able to help and so it has been sitting over the top of my fairy garden until recently when my son helped me cut away most of the fallen limbs. The tree had also gotten covered and tangled up with green brier, dutchman's pipe, virginia creeper, trumpet vine and wild raspberries and currents. I think now I'm ready to see what still pops up in that area in the spring so I can restore my fairy garden. It had a lot of miniature flowers. 




Some of the branches left on the fence line after the tree was cut back. 


Now uncovered!
The fairy garden is actually a big circle surrounded by a stone path.  In the center was a heart shaped trellis with a Seven Sisters rose.  Here is the area as it looks now.  The heart trellis was bent down to the ground but I was able to pull it up and now need to reshape my rose around it.  There is a miniature rose next to the little obelisk.  I still have more cleaning up to do in that area; however, I will probably wait until Spring to get to it since I have so many other gardening tasks I want to complete before the snow flies. 


The little creatures who inhabit the fairy garden.   Up in the right hand corner I spy a mini hosta. 

Also near the fence line this shady area was covered with mulberry branches. It had a lot of hostas and a few hellebores. 

The fairy garden has a lot of good memories for me. The grandkids and nieces and nephews used to visit the area. Sometimes I would put little gems and treasures there for them to find that I told them the fairies left for them. Other times I might put out a little clothesline to make it look like laundry day. You never knew what the little creatures in the fairy garden would be up to.  I had a lot of fun finding little plants. 

Here's some photos of the old fairy garden.













And sow on...

2 comments:

Elle said...

The trials of nature. I have a lengthy fall worklist that will wait until first frost hits-very late for us this year as it's not even on the 15d forecast yet.

Great blocks Cathy!

Julierose said...

Lovely Starry Paths, Cathy--very vintage looking;)))
Great little Fairy Garden spots you've created--what fun!!
Hugs, Julierose