Sunday, October 11, 2026

Hats And...


This week I finished three more hats for children of Rosebud School.  This is a project supported by the Ravelry group - For The Children of Pine Ridge and Rosebud.   "For Christmas 2026 we are providing each student a hat and snack in a re-useable bag."



I also packed up these 5 hats to send to another project for homeless veterans on the Pine Ridge reservation. It is also supported by the Ravelry group -For The Children of Pine Ridge and Rosebud.
 
"Our goal is to provide 50 Christmas Gift Bags for distribution via a small, grass-roots organization that serves Homeless Veterans on Pine Ridge Reservation. This is a pilot program that will benefit those Veterans who are consistently without basic necessities. "

There was a big list of other items that could be included for the gift bags. On the list was paperbacks. I I happen to have a lot of them on a bookshelf taking up space and gathering dust. I was able to fit 15 paperbacks in the box with the hats

While browsing through free patterns I came across one called Coming Up Roses Hat.   Well, I do love roses so thought I could use a new winter hat.  I've finished the hat and now I need to cross stitch the rose design on to the single crochet after I see if I can find some old yarn close to the colors needed for the rose design. I've never cross stitched on crochet before so had to look at a couple of tutorials. 

I also decided to make wristers to go with my hat.  I just need to sew up the sides 

I also decided I might need a curly scarf to complete the set.  I just have about 1.5 rows to go.