In 2011 quilt historian Barbara Brackman released a free 8" block pattern each week to celebrate the sesquicentennial year on her blog Civil War Quilts. Also each week she told a true story about persons who lived during that time. It was so interesting.
I ended up making 32 of the 53 blocks and have just left them stored in a baggie since then.
Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts
This month the theme in my sewing space is "reproductions". That means I'll work to move some UFOs forward that contain civil war repro fabrics or 30s repro fabrics or I might even work on my reproduction of a vintage quilt.
So I have decided this month I will make an alternate chain block from some of my civil war reproduction scraps and get those 32 sampler blocks out of that baggie and into a quilt top. So far I've made 9 chain blocks so only 22 more to go!
And sew on...
No comments:
Post a Comment