Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Let's Talk About The Elephant In The Room

A new top! 
42 x 60

Someone gave me a 24 inch piece of elephant fabric. 

I made a few 10 inch elephant blocks to add to it. I downloaded the free pattern for the Elephants a long time ago from Milk and Honey Quilts but now I see the link for the pattern is no longer active. 

And sew on...


****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

May 21 -- Blueberries! They were on sale at the grocery store so I bought some and they are huge.  I love blueberry pancakes and blueberry muffins.  I have tried growing blueberries a number of times and they have been eaten by deer and rabbits. Two years ago I put in four blueberry bushes - two different varieties -  and put up a piece of snow fence around them. Well, then a groundhog tunneled under the area and killed one blueberry plant. So now I'm down to three bushes. So far so good this year but they sure are slow growing! Wonder how many years before I get a home grown blueberry. 

 

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm waiting to see if the groundhog will come back this year and tunnel under the fence - last year it dug in and about the flowers on the outside of the fence

Elle said...

OMG the elephants are fabulous! What a happy quilt :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

I've made several quilts using a variety of elephant fabrics but I've never made the pieced critter. LOVE how you handled this one!!!!!

Jenny said...

Wonderful elephants.

Chantal said...

Love the elephant quilt. The print is so lovely. I'm sorry to hear about your blueberry bushes. I got two plants last year. I have absolutely no idea how to care for them but I planted them in a "not too windy" area so they would tossed in wintertime. I didn't think that groundhogs would like to have snack at them! I saw some tiny little flowers last weekend. I better go check on them. Hope you get some fruit soon. ;^)

Linda said...

I love elephants too. Great use of the elephant print chunk of fabric.

Beth H said...

What a happy thing to see those elephants!
Just about everyone in Sunshine has that pattern if they are interested. The elephant fabric is just perfect! It was also a chance for you to work on your pink fabric section!
This on came together quickly for you. What a win!
I, too, noticed blueberries are a bargain this week. Hmmm they must be grown somewhere else. It sure isn't blueberry time in the upper Midwest. Hopeful thoughts for your "protected" blueberry bushes.

Pamela Arbour said...

You had the perfect pattern for the elephant fabric! Love it. Have you ever tried ground hog repellant?

abelian said...

Yay! The elephant pattern was saved by the Internet Archive, and is available as a PDF there.

If you know how to use the Wayback Machine at web.archive.org you can find it. (If you DON’T know how, it’s time to learn!). On the Milk and Homey website (at the link Cathy posted), copy Miri’s link at the end of the first paragraph, labeled “here”, into your clipboard. Then at web.archive.org, paste that link into the Wayback Machine box. The Wayback Machine will show you the times that page was saved. (This one was saved exactly once!). Choose the year it was saved, in the calendar that appears, find the date with the colored highlight, click it and select the time. You’ll eventually get to the PDF. In this case, the exact link to the PDF is VERY long - too long to paste here. Dot in NC



Laura said...

You never know when you might need an elephant block in your bag of tricks! Love this happy quilt! :)