Saturday, May 4, 2024

In The Pink Part I

Boo Boo Patches
3 x 6 inch finished

Pink is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color for May. 

This week I dug into my pink scrap bag and took out all of the 1.5 inch width pieces I could find. 

Little Baskets 
4 inch finished

Windmills
4 inch finished
Switch Plates
3 x 5 inch finished

And sew on...


***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

May 3 - Finished the book Elsewhere by Dean Koontz. The Key to Everything might have been a better name. (I know I would not ever want to be trusted with the Key to Everything).  The book is a fantasy that explores the multiverse theory and travel between parallel worlds. What if?  Also I had to laugh a few times when I read about bad guys with names like Yessman and Canker and a scientist that invented travel between parallel worlds named Harkenbach.  
 

12 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your little baskets, Cathy! Fun way to use up some tiny scraps. That sounds like an entertaining book, too!

Sara said...

The little baskets are especially cute! All of your pink blocks are so cheerful and look like Spring.

Louise SS said...

Thore are such pretty little pink blocks!

Char said...

Love the Boo Boo patches and the windmill blocks. Wow, I haven’t read a Dean Koontz book in thirty years. I read tones of them when I was pregnant. Don’t know what that says about me. 😆

Cathy said...

Your clever use of 1.5” strips has me almost ready to jump out of my strings rut to begin sewing some more creative things. I love those switch plates and the boo-boos.

Jenny said...

Lots of pretty pink blocks in your collections. I've read many Dean Koontz books over the years, but not this one.

Linda said...

I love your little pink flower baskets - so pretty and cute.

Pamela Arbour said...

I am always amazed at what you can make with a bunch of 1-1/2" squares and strips. Does your husband read the same books that you read? I was just wondering if he did and if you shared your reactions. Kinda like a book reading group.

Nann said...

You're definitely in the pink! I especially like the baskets.

Elle said...

Go Cathy Go! I love your continual use of scrap and creating fabulous stacks of blocks for your quilty donations to cover the world's children in love all by yourself (it seems).

Cheers to a new gifted Sunday to enjoy :-)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh those are tiny pieces you're working with, beautiful pinks!

mangozz said...

All of those pinks are gorgeous!