Tuesday, May 21, 2024

It's A Flimsy!

It's a flimsy!
45 x 54




I started making blocks back in October 2023 to use up some 4 inch squares I was given.  I made a few test blocks and then intended to add the block to my list of Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects. After the RSC months of red and green I had quite a few blocks added to  my test blocks so decided to stop there and make a top when I had a chance. I had also found I did not really enjoy making the blocks. 



I still have some 4 inch squares left plus I've been processing scraps this month so now I also have a small box of 4 inch width strips in varying sizes. I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with them. 

And sew on...



******

CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

May 18 - A beautiful day! I knew it was going to be a day of record high heat so went outside to work in the gardens at first light. The air was cool, there was a slight breeze, the birds were singing. I also added a couple of new Echinaceas to my collection - Strawberries and Cream and Double Scoop Raspberry. 

May 19 - A finished book -- Mrs. Winchester's Biographer by Deanna Lynn Stetten. It is historical fiction based on the life of Sarah "Sallie" Lockwood Pardee Winchester.  I do most of my reading on my Kindle in the middle of the night when I can't sleep. I am thankful I have the Kindle. I don't see all that well.  I can enlarge the print on the Kindle and it is backlit -- perfect for reading in the middle of the night. 

May 20 - I mailed off 6 quilts to Wrap-A-Smile.  And it was a rainy day! This time of year a rainy day means I get to spend more time in the sewing space than in the garden. Plus it was a much needed gentle rain and smelled so good. More gentle rain is predicted for today so I'll bet the next time I go out to the gardens a few of the latest seeds I have planted will have sprouted. It is always fun to visit the gardens each day to see what is new. 


1 comment:

Pamela Arbour said...

I love those deep colors. Great job.