Saturday, September 30, 2023

Aqua Scrappy Stuff



Aqua is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. 

This week I made some 3 inch finished Old Italian blocks. These are made with a stack, whack and shuffle method using a stack of six 5 inch squares.   

I did not get all my stacks of aqua/another color squares all turned into Old Italians this week but will continue to work on those in October. I've been making these for a long time so I'm kind of thinking I should take count and decide what size quilt I want to make.  

I also used up a bunch of 4.5 inch width scraps of aqua this week and depending upon length I made Broken Dishes blocks or...

Wonky Windmills (stack and whack method using 4.5 x 5 inch pieces) or...

Four Patches.

And sew on...




 

14 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's always fun to see what pretty scraps you're using in your blocks, Cathy! I love those Old Italian blocks - they're going to make a fun quilt!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful aqua scraps! And I love the bright scraps you're pairing them with!

grammajudyb said...

Checking out all your fabulous fabrics is one of the best parts of Scrap Happy Saturday! Amazing stash! The Wonky Windmills are favs of mine! Gorgeous!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super selection of AQUA blocks, Cathy!

Chantal said...

You have such a variety of scraps, all lovely and fun to look at. Old Italian tiles are amazing in Batiks. Enjoy! ;^)

maggie fellow said...

lovely aquas

Julierose said...

Such lovely scrappy blocks!! I really like those "Old Italian " blocks...so neat...nice works in process, Cathy...;))) hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your rocked the color aqua in the lovely blocks that you created. Beautiful job.

Jenny said...

Another impressive collection, I really like the windmill blocks.

gayle said...

I do love those Old Italians!

Linda said...

Lovely collection of fabrics and colours. The Wonky windmills are great.

Quilter Kathy said...

So pretty! I didn't work with aqua much this month... don't know why? Must get back to work on my RSC projects!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love, love those Old Italian Blocks. 3"? Oh my. The aquas are all beautiful.

Mystic Quilter said...

Smashing collection of projects in blue and aqua.Love the tiles.