Friday, September 22, 2023

The Answer To The Mystery, My Friends, Is Blowin' In The Wind

Mystery Solved!
I have a top!
Four Corners Mystery Quilt 

But the clues can only be found (for a short while) if you are a member of  the Mystery Quilts For Military Group


There was a break in the storm so I went out to snap a few photos and as soon as I got the top hung up on the line the wind started blowing and I could feel another storm brewing so I had to snap photos quickly. 

I've participated in most of Alycia's mysteries over the last few years but I was going to skip this year because my stash of patriotic fabrics consists mostly of smaller scraps.   Well, not one to miss out on a good mystery I rounded up a few red, white and blue fabrics to go with my patriotic smaller scraps and managed to solve the mystery.    There's a lot of chains in this one so hopefully I know have them all going to right direction.  There are four different ways to solve the mystery after you have gotten through all the clues. 





And sew on...


 

10 comments:

Julie in GA said...

Looks great! I like the setting you chose. I have made several of Alycia's previous mysteries, but didn't have the time for this one.

Joni said...

Nice! I haven't chose my final setting, but I'm strongly leaning towards yours. I am a sucker for a chain reaction.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like how that turned out - especially the way the chains go out into the border! This one looks perfect for your stash with its scrappy background pieces.

Chantal said...

Even with a somewhat depleting stash of patriotic fabric, you managed to make a lovely quilt. Well done! ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yours ROCKS!!! I love it!! and I love the scrappy of it!!!

Sara said...

Wow! It's gorgeous. I can't decide which setting I like better. Alycia's is great and so is this variation.

Linda said...

Amazing what you can achieve when you are using up every little scrap. Looks great.

grammajudyb said...

Fabulously use of smaller scraps! I printed out the clues, have not started the construction yet! I love all you R, W, and Blue fabrics, not necessarily all patriotic!

Nann said...

It looks terrific!

CraftyLady said...

LOVE this! I have a feeling this will be the most popular lay out!. Yours looks wonderful with your fabric choices.