Tuesday, September 26, 2023

It's A Top ! Orphan Fred



It's a top!
Orphan Fred
42 x 60
12 and 6 inch orphan blocks from here, there and everywhere.  The top left and bottom right blocks (Split Stars) are mine. I had to add a border around them so they would measure 12 inches.  I made those a long long time ago for one of my first swaps. At the time that seemed like a difficult block to me . As with all swaps I sent in the best blocks and kept the less than perfects. 

For some fun there is a little ice cream treat hidden in there. That's my orphan block too.

The September theme in my sewing room has been Orphan blocks. I got off to a late start this month and I have lots of orphan blocks so I will continue the theme into October.  I've been naming the orphan block quilts like they name hurricanes. 

And sew on...





 

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The orphan Fred blocks look like they were made to go together as a sampler quilt.

Jenny said...

Yes indeed, Fred's orphan companions look made for each other.

gayle said...

Fred is a fancy fall fellow!

Linda said...

Another great Orphan quilt.

Linda Swanekamp said...

This one is a pretty bold statement. Great to use those blocks together.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love all your orphan quilts and your naming! I wonder 'how far' into the alphabet you will go?!

Nann said...

A great assemblage, Cathy. Having a skinny column adds a bit of unpredictability to the setting. I'm most intrigued by the "star" that's fourth row, second column.