Monday, September 18, 2023

It's A Top! Orphan Cora

It's a top!
Orphan Cora
42 x 42

Another way to use orphan blocks is in a medallion quilt. Someone gave me the Carpenter's Star 18 inch block I used for the center. 

I added four borders (3.5 inches) around in log cabin style. And I also added some 3 inch finished Nine Patches I have had around for a long time. A long time ago I used to swap them several times a year and although I've used them in many quilts I still have a small bin of them. 

And sew on...

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely; its inspiring to see how you put disparate parts together and come up with a cohesive satisfying whole.

Ceci

gayle said...

Oh! I love blues and purples together! Gorgeous!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Orphan Cora is a beauty!

Nann said...

What will we do when we used up all those mini-9's? LOL! Love the setting and the gentian-blue colorway.

Linda said...

The gifted centre block made an excellent focus point for your Medallion Quilt top. Super colours.

mangozz said...

Beautiful colors! I've never made a medallion quilt...at least not yet.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Great idea and finish! Love how it all worked together.

Jenny said...

Hello Cora, aren't you a pretty thing!

Helenchaffin said...

the combinations blend very well together,it turned out to be a beauty quilt

Chantal said...

Eighteen-inch block! That's monstrous! Love that you paired it with purple in a log cabin style. Awesome job! ;^)

Quilter Kathy said...

She's a beauty! I love the colour work on this one!