Wednesday, December 28, 2022

More Scrap Processing - Mostly 2.5 Inch Width Scraps




Monkey Wrench Blocks 
5 inch finished

Most of these HSTs (half square triangles) were left over from cutting Flying Geese for Long May She Wave Sawtooth Stars and from cutting QSTs (quarter square triangles) for Ohio Stars.  I use the Companion Angle ruler to cut the Flying Geese and QSTs but I cut the beginning and end of the strip with the Easy Angle ruler so that fabric is not wasted but used to make HSTs. 

Most of the 1.5 inch pieces came from my Monkey Wrench workbox and were previously cut when processing scraps. 

This is what I'm talking about when I say I cut a HST from the beginning of a strip when cutting for QSTs or Flying Geese with the Companion Angle ruler. 

Four Patch
4 inch finished
for red,white, blue quilt called Melting Pot. 
These are adding up fast and I'll have enough for a quilt in no time. 

4 inch finished Broken Dishes blocks, a Chinese Coin strip (scraps 2.5 x anything between 1 and 1.5 inches) and two 18 patches made from 1.5 x 2.5 pieces. I have quite a few of these now and am aiming for a twin sized donation quilt. 


Windmills
4 inch finished
made from 1.5 x 2.5 rectangles.

I use 1.5 or 2.5 inch scraps to make these as long as I have enough for four identical pieces 1.5 x 2.5.

And finally piles of 2.5 inch squares - singles, pairs and sets of four. The sets of four go into the Monkey Wrench Workbox to use with 4.5 inch HSTs to make Monkey Wrench blocks.   I put some floral squares into my plaid Indian Hatchet workbox.  The 1.5 x 2.5 inch rectangles went into the Lego workbox. 

And sew on...



 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a lot of "parts" to work with...loving those windmills..so vintage and pretty...nice works you have going on ...hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

Lots going on in your sewing room. Love all your scrappies. The smallest I cut is 1.5", I make 36-patches blocks.

Linda said...

More great blocks. Those stashes must be growing!

Vivian said...

Waste not, want not, make it do or do without! I love that nothing goes to waste in your studio.